Technical Support Engineer for US Customer Base (fluent in English and German)
Full-time, based in Dortmund
- Play a key role supporting world class software that´s changing the world of Web Content Management.
- Showcase your technical and consulting skills and help our customers to solve issues in complex technical contexts.
- Be part of our successful organisation with 150 employees in 16 locations in 6 countries and more than 200 well-known customers.
At e-Spirit AG headquartered in Dortmund, Germany we passionately develop our Web Content Management System FirstSpirit™. Our world class software supports our customers on their way to success providing smooth, comprehensive and deeply integrated solutions and exceptional complementary service.
We understand our customers. With our excellent business acumen and technical know-how we assist to facilitate the realisation of their world-wide digital strategies using FirstSpirit. We are a leader in Web Content Management and Customer Experience Management and numerous notable customers such as Airbus Group, Robert Bosch, ThyssenKrupp Group, Media-Saturn Holding, Nintendo of Europe, Santander Consumer Bank or Schaeffler Goup trust our product and consulting skills.
How you´ll make a difference:
As a Technical Support Consultant your role is to analyse and solve complex customer requests and deliver a compelling experience that our customers remember. With your fluent English and German skills you will mix with our international customer base, developers, testers and other support professionals as you own, track and resolve support incidents. Presently located in Germany you will be working according to an EST time zone in order to suit our US customers´ work week.
What you´ll be doing:
- Soundly analysing and resolving complex customer requests or directing to appropriate team for resolution
- Reproducing and clarifying issues within a highly complex technical context
- Troubleshooting, identifying and resolving complex customer problems using technical documentation, extensive knowledge and experience
- Interacting with colleagues to resolve customer issues effectively and timely, keeping customers updated on the status of all open requests
- Liaising with our R&D and QA teams teams to ensure that software quality is improving based on analysis of issues logged by customers
- Sharing your knowledge and expertise with our Professional Services and R&D teams
- Degree from a college or university
- Preferably native English speaker with near native German skills or vice versa
- Solid and broad knowledge of various areas such as data bases, operating systems, programming (Java), scripting, web content management and web technologies
- Proven experience trouble-shooting and resolving complex technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to operate as part of a team, with a commitment to ongoing team improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to confidently deal with challenging people and situations
- Exceptional customer service skills while setting high quality standards
A few reasons to get excited about e-Spirit AG:
- Opportunity to be part of a globally expanding organisation
- Great colleagues - some of the most clever people in our industry - notable customers and challenging tasks you can manage with a high level of creativity and latitude
- Appreciation of your ideas and expertise
- A highly innovative product, that fascinates its users and represents a daily inspiration within our organisation
- Thorough onboarding and development opportunities in our team
We pride ourselves in our employee oriented culture. Since our formation in 1999 e-Spirit not only offers savvy solutions for partners and customers but also provides our employees and trainees with earned recognition. The “Spirit” of e-Spirit is no by-product – team spirit plays an integral part throughout the company. Benefits such as flexible work hours, regular employee events, Italian coffee and organic fruit being constantly available are just some of the reasons you will want to work with us. Are you ready?
We look forward to your comprehensive application documents including your desired salary, preferably in PDF format.