According to research firm Markets and Markets, the digital signage market was valued at $16.88 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $27.34 billion in the U.S. by 2022. Despite this growth, vendors struggle to offer the full set of services needed for a complete end-to-end digital signage solution. e-Spirit is solving that problem via a strategic partnership with Samsung SDS to make digital signage a reality for companies looking to influence customers within stores or other physical locations.
According to Udo Straesser, e-Spirit’s Chief Sales Officer, “Demand for digital signage is expected to grow exponentially over the next five years and Content-as-a-Service is a game changer that will put Samsung SDS’s digital signage portfolio at the forefront of innovation. It’s a smart choice for any company looking to influence customer buying behavior regardless of location and turn digital content into actual revenues.”
This initiative is in direct response to the booming market for digital signage which improves a company’s ability to target content to customers at the right place and time using digital screens. Digital signs can be static, dynamic (such as videos), interactive (such as touchscreen), and/or contextually aware with the use of beacons and other smart technologies via the Internet of Things. They are used in many different ways at a variety of physical locations, but can be summed up in these common use cases:
- Informational – such as monitors in elevators showing the latest news, weather, and stock market updates or displays in malls showing maps, store hours and store locations.
- In-store product information display – for example a cosmetics store could show pricing, “how to” videos, ingredient lists and sales/coupon information.
- In store brand building – for example, recent advertising campaigns, videos and digital imagery.
- Dynamic marketing – which adapts to how consumers are spending their time in the store versus the store’s goals – perhaps directing consumers to other areas with higher margins or to sales items to increase volume.
- Point-of-sale and self-service – signage to influence consumer decisions, such as price checking, product inventory, and flash coupons. This is especially helpful when consumers are waiting in line (for example, at the supermarket check-out or banking).+
- Wayfinding – signage that helps visitors navigate, such as airports, very large stores, or tourist spots like museums.
Because of their usefulness, digital signs have become a critical link in enhancing the physical customer experience – through interactivity, relevant messaging, targeted advertising, and general edutainment. But with multiple use cases and content types, it can be difficult for marketers to keep brand messages consistent and relevant to the customer experience while also managing the delivery of that content across multiple channels. Many companies find this quickly becomes unwieldy. In fact, as digital ecosystems continue to grow, they naturally become more complex, driven by the collection, diversification, and distribution of content. To turn content into revenue, you must implement agile systems to future-proof your digital ecosystem.
FirstSpirit CaaS offers a micro-service architecture approach where content is uniquely pushed and pulled to where it needs to go. It’s a more agile way of delivering content that reduces complexity while paving the way for content monetization. And it’s a critical step in creating a future-ready roadmap to strengthen your ecosystem and accelerate success.
As the editorial environment for digital signage systems, FirstSpirit CaaS offers the entire range of professional functionality for the creation and distribution of multi-language content. It’s the next evolutionary step in customer experience management and a perfect fit for Samsung SDS’s digital signage portfolio. Companies need the ability to influence customer buying behavior at the point of sale and digital signage is the best vehicle for delivering personalized content and experiences that turn content into revenues.
And the best part is that CaaS supports all content types and channels, not just digital signage. FirstSpirit CaaS extends content reach to channels with greater agility, on demand. Simply create content using FirstSpirit, and it goes wherever it’s intended to go via our RESTful API—instantly. Because content is separate from presentation, you can design the perfect digital experience for any channel, improving customer journeys, and turning content into revenues.
Want to learn more about FirstSpirit CaaS and how it can support an omnichannel strategy?