User targeted content for personalized websites
Personalized content is playing an increasing role in modern intranets, extranets and on customer facing websites. Certain information may need to be only accessible to selected persons or groups or are only relevant for employees of a certain location while customers should find information tailored to their interests. The FirstSpirit™ DynamicPersonalization module provides the necessary tools to easily implement such requirements for the personalized publishing of content.
Apart from managing user profiles, the categorisation of content in FirstSpirit is also very important for efficient personalization:
- In the editing system of FirstSpirit, content can be categorized by means of metadata. This enables assignment to users or interest groups directly in the CMS.
- The stored meta information can be used for checking rights/permissions or for displaying user targeted content in the live system.
DynamicPersonalization uses a runtime component to evaluate the metadata defined in the FirstSpirit editing system and displays the personalized content. Only the page or parts of pages which actually contain personalized information are dynamically calculated. Unpersonalized content can continue to be delivered statically.
By using a Java tag library, which can run on any JSP engine, the template developer can access both the defined metadata and the deposited profile information.
Content refers to sites, paragraphs or singular input components. The personalization can therefore be applied in a very fine-granular manner.
Media and documents
The option "Secure Media Folder" protects different types of media and documents against unauthorized access.
Using meta data in the structure and the integrated Tag Library menu items can be masked out depending on the individual user profile.
Data records in data sources managed by FirstSpirit can be tagged with meta information for personalized usage.
FirstSpirit DynamicPersonalization is a team player
You can of course also use FirstSpirit DynamicPersonalization as an independent solution. But its use is particularly interesting in interaction with other components:
- IBM WebSphere Portal Integration
- Integration with the IBM WebSphere Portal enables the use of single sign-on. You can conveniently define the permissions for the existing portal roles using the input components in FirstSpirit.
- SAP NetWeaver Portal Integration
- Integration with the SAP Portal Server enables the use of single sign-on. You can conveniently define the permissions for the existing portal roles using the input components in FirstSpirit.