Liferay Portal Integration
Liferay is one of the most successful open-source-portals as well as a "leader" in the gartner magic quadrant for horizontal enterprise-portals. It provides a considerable set of collaboration-, social-media and enterprise-2.0-functionalities out-ot-the-box. Through the Liferay-integration for FirstSpirit companies can create state of the art employee portals and websites which combine personalisation, enterprise Enterprise-2.0 functionalities, IT-applications and powerful content management.
- Control your Liferay Portal directly from the FirstSpirit editor - no previous Liferay knowledge is required!
- Benefit from the strenghts of FirstSpirit like multiligual URLs, multi-layer approval workflows and an easy to use image adminstration - all within your portal.
- No double data storage for users, roles and groups needed the maintenance is done entirely in FirstSpirit
- Native content integration in Liferay, which allows your FirstSpirit content to be display in the search engine, activity stream and aggregator modules.
- Liferay standard portlets are supported out-of-the-box
- The need for a separate environment for editorial work without portal know-how
- High requirements to additional enterprise-2.0 functionalities
- Combining your website and your intranet-portal
- Multilingual environment
- Very extensive or complex user, document- and content structures
Liferay-Integration for FirstSpirit connects Liferay and FirstSpirit seamlessly. The main functionality includes:
- Native work from within the FirstSpirit-Client
- Transfer page layout and design from FirstSpirit to Liferay
- Transforming FirstSpirit items to Liferay Web-Content while still maintaining the option to use additional Liferay functionality
- Tags and categories are usable to sort content among both systems
- Supports the multilingual concept of FirstSpirit
- Automatic inclusion of transfered items in Liferays own search engine