Content Marketing Manager
Location: Lexington MA
e-Spirit’s Digital Experience Platform, offered through a SaaS or on-premises model, helps businesses engage customers and increase revenue with personalized, content-rich digital experiences anytime, anywhere. Savvy digital marketers across all industries rely on the FirstSpirit content management system (CMS) and AI-driven personalization software for individualized and synchronized content management and delivery across all channels to differentiate their companies and compel their users to action. Customers include international brands and corporations such as GNC, Commerzbank, BASF, Bosch, Belk, Carter’s, Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof, Grohe, Reitmans, Olympus, Santander Bank, Sterling Jewelers, Walbusch and many others.
e-Spirit is seeking a self-motivated, independent Content Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing our global content strategy, and writing marketing and tech focused content for e-Spirit’s corporate and product collateral, ebooks, white papers, blog posts and other marketing and sales assets. This content will be based upon: original insights of digital experience related topics; interviews with e-Spirit experts and external folks (e.g., influencers, customers); and leverage of content from our German marketing team. Target readers include marketing, IT and e-commerce professionals amongst e-Spirit’s customers, prospects and influencers. You will work with our Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Marketing teams to brainstorm topics, gather insights and create and/or translate content. Content will be used to build awareness for e-Spirit in the German, European, US and Asian markets, as well as drive demand from these markets.
- Know our buyers and their business and technology needs:
- Develop a clear understanding of who the decision-makers and influencers are for each market segment we sell to. (e.g., manufacturing, e-commerce, banking/insurance/finance)
- For these buyers, understand where they go for information and what types and formats of content they prefer for advancing their knowledge for their overall job, and for understanding digital experience and CMS technologies.
- Develop and command a deep understanding of the CMS and DXP market as well as the competitive landscape in the space, continually fine-tuning our positioning so that our differentiators are clear within our content.
- Develop and execute the content marketing strategy:
- Create a detailed content strategy and plan/schedule based upon market and buyer insight, Google keyword research, competitive insight, etc.
- Work with product and solution teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and content, rooted in business value.
- Provide content that enables Marketing to create effective lead generation programs and to produce high quality thought leadership. (e.g., whitepapers, webinars, videos)
- Develop unique and creative content and delivery formats in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Write website content, blog posts and all other types of content that we need, developing original content as well as leveraging content from other parts of our organization.
- Understand what works and doesn’t work based upon content performance measurement to drive continuous improvement and greater impact on our company’s thought leadership and lead generation efforts.
- 3-5+ years of experience creating content for a software company, or as part of an agency working for software companies. Target readers are marketing and technology professionals
- Experienced with corporate and executive communication, public relations, messaging and content development.
- Sound project management skills with the ability to be working on multiple simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment with initiative and impeccable follow through.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Experience within the technology industry, preferably software, required.
- Inquisitive about the CMS and digital experience markets with critical thinking skills to help with analysis of business, market and competitive trends.
- Excellent listening and interviewing skills to be used in building stories for the creation of technically-focused content/assets.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and very strong writing skills.
- Experience working for e-Commerce, content management system companies or other related industries a plus.
We look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, via email.
Send your application to: